Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mock Race - August 19th

Swim
Goal: 3:00.00
Today: 3:47.66

1st Transition:
Goal: 0:15.00
Today: 0:43.26

Bike
Goal: 15:00.00
Today: 14:23.27

2nd Transition
Goal: 0:30.00
Today: 0:20.10

Run
Goal: 8:30.00
Today: 8:42.92

Total
Goal: 27:15.00
Today: 27:57:21

Today was the mock race day as you know and in my thoughts I did very well. The three parts of the race that I think I can improve on are the run, the swim, and the first transition. The first transition I did better on Monday when I had a shirt. That time was 31 seconds. Today I didn't put on a shirt so I don't know why my time was slower. The swim was worse than Monday's swim but I know I can get better. I did the Kiwanis swim which was 100m in 2:02 so I'm not sure why it is taking me this long to go 135m. The run was only 12 seconds behind our goal and that's pretty good.

We're also biking 10 miles today for training.

Dad is getting me a one piece triathlon suit because we have to have our upper body covered for the bike and run in ironkids and I don't want to waste time putting a shirt on.

4 comments:

  1. I think you are focusing on the right things. I can't wait to see you in September. You are so AWESOME and I'm so happy to be a part of this by supporting you in prayer and financially. I love you Austin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Honey that you are doing the right things. If you think you can do better, you probably can, so keep trying. I'm really excited that I'll get to be with you in Georgia. Thanks for the updates.
    Love,
    Pawpaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock on, my little hero! You are awesome!!!!

    Fist pumps!!! Aunt Christin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoah! 10 mile?! That's a long way! Keep it up, Austin!!

    ReplyDelete